Focal Pointe Outdoor Solutions is celebrating Smart Irrigation Month by helping customers save water, save money, and see better results.
Smart Irrigation Month is an initiative of the Irrigation Association, a non-profit industry organization dedicated to promoting efficient irrigation. Each July (traditionally the month of peak outdoor water use), this public awareness campaign highlights simple practices and innovative technologies to:
- Make maintaining green spaces easy and convenient.
- Minimize overwatering while keeping lawns, gardens, and landscapes beautiful and healthy.
- Save money on utility bills.
- Help protect community water supplies for today and the future.
Property owners and managers often overwater, unintentionally wasting money every time they take out the hose or turn on the sprinklers. Focal Pointe, a leader in smart water-saving practices, delivers real results by:
- Helping customers plant and maintain low water landscapes that will thrive in their climate and site conditions.
- Installing new irrigation systems that use real-time weather data and soil moisture sensors to automatically adjust watering to meet plant needs.
- Using low volume micro-irrigation to precisely apply very small amounts of water to gardens, trees and shrubs, minimizing evaporation and waste.
- Retrofitting existing systems with rain sensors that prevent watering in rainy weather.
- Helping customers program automatic controllers to comply with community watering restrictions while extracting maximum benefit from every drop of water.
- Auditing irrigation systems by collecting data, verifying systems are working as designed and identifying opportunities to improve water-use efficiency.
One of the ways Focal Pointe is promoting water conservation is through an initiative to install more rain sensors. In 2018 we helped our customers save more than 2.8 million gallons of water. That’s enough water to fill roughly 21 million water bottles!
For more information, contact us!