Join Our Team
Humble Service See All Available Positions
Hear What It’s Like to Work at Focal Pointe.
Focal Pointe looks for individuals who are humble, conscientious, hardworking, and honest, with a natural desire to serve others. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Below is our current list of open positions, but we encourage you to fill out an application even if you don’t see an open position that’s a perfect fit. We are a high-growth commercial and residential landscaping company that is always looking to strengthen our team.
As an intern you will be shadowing different positions within the company. The summer program will include opportunities to learn and experience various areas of the landscape industry. The program is designed so that you will spend approximately one week in each discipline (department), culminating in a mutually agreed upon self-chosen area of interest to finish the curriculum. The summer program will begin approximately May 15th and conclude August 30th including the following disciplines:
- General Horticulture including Estate Gardening and Detail Crew operations
- Weekly Maintenance Services
- Technical Services including Irrigation, Pools, Spas, and Lighting
- Plant Health Care
- Construction & Installation Management
- Account Management & Landscape Design
- General Business Planning & Function
- Self-Chosen Areas of Interest
Focal Pointe Outdoor Solutions is offering this as a paid internship with the ability to provide college internship credit in a horticultural or agricultural degree program. This internship is open to all applicants and must be college juniors, seniors, or graduate students as of April 2021. All interested applicants must submit a current resume with references and relevant course work noted.
Application deadline is April 19th, 2021
- Assist foremen and crews with maintenance operations
- Assist foremen and crews in construction of landscape projects
- Assist with care and maintenance of annual beds
- Assist with the install of residential and commercial irrigation systems
- Assist troubleshooting and repair of irrigation systems, including startups and shut downs
- Assist in pesticide application and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment
- Perform and record site measurements of structures, buildings, walkways, walls, landscape features, plantings, property lines, etc. to assist with bidding
- Assist with field layout and plant staking
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers and Operations Managers
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Administration
The Accounting Assistant must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the company’s finance and administration, particularly payroll, accounts receivables and accounts payables.
Responsibilities for General Administration:
- Thoroughly understands, implements, and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Thoroughly familiar with applicable procedures for departments with which their department interacts.
- Perform all accounting functions to include AP, AR and PR functions.
- Ensures that all bookkeeping tasks are completed on schedule.
- Assist with answering incoming phones on a daily basis.
- Reconcile bank reconciliations monthly for the Company.
- Assists Controller with JE as needed.
- Enters new vendors into QB as needed.
Responsibilities for Accounts Payables:
- Review and enter all company payables.
- Receives all vendor invoices and statements and enters all invoices into Quick Books.
- Applies vendor invoices to customer accounts/jobs as appropriate.
- Reconciles all vendor statements.
Responsibilities for Accounts Receivables/Billings:
- Accounts Receivable / Billing:
- Ensures that all accounts are accurately billed on a timely basis.
- Processes all AR payments and ensures that they are accurately credited to appropriate accounts.
- Communicates both in writing and verbally with customers regarding outstanding AR.
Responsibilities for Payroll:
- Payroll and Personnel:
- Reviews all payroll information, processes with payroll service company and enters journal entries in Quick Books.
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of all personnel records and reports.
- Accurately files all paperwork and maintains proper security for same.
- Ensures deductions are accurate for company personnel.
- Ensures compliance with workers’ compensation insurance reporting procedures and monthly payments.
- Prepare and process certified payroll reports.
- Prepare and process union payroll reports and payments.
- Prepare and process 401K reports and payments.
Skill set and education:
- Minimum of five years of experience as a full charge bookkeeper.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Quick Books, and /or current accounting system.
- Has a servant mindset recognizing support needs of internal and external customers along with the ability to be detail orientated.
As a Focal Pointe Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with our outstanding clients, helping them achieve their image objectives for their properties. We are looking for someone who is passionate about high standards, serving others, working on a winning team, and showcasing nature’s seasons. We care for many of the most prestigious properties in the Midwest, and work for clients with very high standards; giving our outstanding team members a chance to shine. Your work matters here!
- Develop strong professional relationships with assigned clients, understand their landcare goals, and work tirelessly to help them achieve those goals.
- Regularly visit assigned properties to identify and address any quality control issues.
- Assess assigned properties for landscaping improvement opportunities and work with designer/estimator to present to clients.
- Facilitate budget meetings with clients in the summertime to assist them with landcare operating and capital improvement budgets.
- Anticipate potential concerns and communicate proactively. Look for ways to save clients time and add value beyond the contract.
- Work in partnership with designated Operations Manager to make sure crews members have what they need to succeed, recognize their value, and deliver on Focal Pointe’s quality promise.
- Attend client networking events to further strengthen relationships within the community.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Experience with commercial account management, property management, or guest services.
- Strong communication skills required – verbal and written.
- High emotional IQ – good ability to read people and adapt to their personality.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to work hard, high attention to detail, follow-up, and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work outdoors and handle physically demanding tasks from time to time.
- Comfortable with technology – able to learn the critical functions of our cloud-base, industry specific software.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of experience in similar role.
Our goal is to exceed our client’s expectations in everything we do through the continued beatification of the properties we treat. Our higher standards with our clients, as well as with our Focal Pointe team members have given us the opportunity to grow. We are looking for customer service oriented, career-minded individuals to be a part of a winning team and join this exciting and bright adventure ahead.
Reports to: Plant Health Care Operations Manager, Route Manager
Description: Each morning report to the office in Caseyville, from there a company vehicle will be provided to service properties throughout the Greater St. Louis area. Servicing the properties can take place varying weather conditions. Service types vary throughout the season and may include but are not limited to: application of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides to turf, trees, shrubs, and other areas as needed; along with lawn aerations and snow duties during certain times of the year. Certain properties require multiple team members to service, ability to work well with others is essential. Safety is our number one concern, following best and safest practices is required at all times.
- YEAR ROUND, FULL-TIME POSITION
- Competitive hourly pay
- Healthcare options
- 401k (after first year of employment)
- Industry training
- Advancement opportunities
- Fantastic work environment
- Working outdoors
- Company uniform
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- 1-3 years of experience as a lawn care applicator preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to diagnose and offer solutions for commons lawn and landscape problems preferred
- Lifting 60lbs or more
- Working outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player
- Great attitude
- Professional Appearance
- Descripción del trabajo
Ajardine o mantenga terrenos de propiedad utilizando herramientas o equipos manuales o eléctricos. Los trabajadores generalmente realizan una variedad de tareas, que pueden incluir cualquier combinación de lo siguiente: cortar, cortar líneas, soplar, plantar, cavar, colocar césped y regar.
Opere equipos motorizados, como cortacéspedes, cortabordes, sopladores de mochila, motosierras, cortasetos, cortadoras de césped y aireadores.
Cuide los paisajes establecidos cortando, abonando, aireando, deshierbe, podando arbustos, quitando plantas, bordeando parterres, paseos, paredes, etc.
Use herramientas manuales, como palas, rastrillos, sierras de poda, podadoras de mano y cortasetos.
Pode o pode árboles, arbustos o setos, utilizando tijeras, podadoras o sierras de cadena.
Diploma de escuela secundaria
No se necesita experiencia
Habilidades de conocimiento
Capacidad para trabajar al aire libre en todas las condiciones climáticas.
Fiable, altamente motivado y orientado a los detalles.
Capaz de seguir instrucciones y aprender de los miembros existentes del equipo.
Capaz de trabajar de manera segura y eficiente
Aspecto limpio y profesional.
Landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: mowing, line trimming, blowing, planting, digging, laying sod and watering.
- Operate powered equipment, such as mowers, line trimmers, backpack blowers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, sod cutters and aerators..
- Care for established landscapes by mowing, mulching, aerating, weeding, trimming shrubs, removing plants, edging around flower beds, walks, walls, etc.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, hand pruners and hedge trimmers.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- No experience required
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Reliable, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Able to follow direction and learn from existing team members
- Capable of working safely and efficiently
- Clean and professional appearance
A zone manager/on site manager plays a vital role in ensuring that the day-to-day operations of Focal Pointe run smoothly on a larger site. They are responsible for ensuring the safety and quality standards of Focal Pointe are executed daily while communicating with the client frequently. Each manager is responsible for the maintenance, construction, PHC, and irrigation services in their specified area.
Un administrador de zona / administrador de sitio desempeña un papel vital para garantizar que las operaciones diarias de Focal Pointe se realicen sin problemas en un sitio más grande. Son responsables de garantizar que los estándares de seguridad y calidad de Focal Pointe se ejecuten a diario mientras se comunican con el cliente con frecuencia. Cada gerente es responsable de los servicios de mantenimiento, construcción, PHC y riego en su área específica.
Gardener / Horticulturalist.
- Focal Pointe está buscando personas con talento en ambos lados del río para unirse a nuestro equipo. Somos una empresa de servicios de jardinería comercial y residencial de alto nivel en el área metropolitana de St. Louis. Brindamos cuidado de la tierra a muchas de las principales propiedades de St. Louis, incluido el Busch Stadium. Focal Pointe se enorgullece de la honestidad, la integridad y el servicio a nuestros clientes a través de una cultura que permite a las personas de calidad trabajar en equipo para atender todas las necesidades de nuestros clientes.
The Gardener is a key position in the year-round care and maintenance of each client’s landscape and grounds. A Gardener will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring, caring for, and reporting on all VIP or On Site accounts, including plantings and hardscape elements within Focal Pointe.
- Trabaje con Account Manager y Operations Manager para cumplir con las expectativas de los clientes
- Promover los estándares de la empresa.
- Comunicarse efectivamente con los miembros del equipo y clientes.
- Monitorear proactivamente y mantener los sitios asignados
Los jardineros corporativos y corporativos de Focal Pointe brindan el toque detallado que exigen los sitios comerciales de alto nivel y las propiedades residenciales VIP. Los jardineros experimentarán un alto nivel de interacción con el cliente y trabajarán directamente con los gerentes de cuentas y operaciones para garantizar que se satisfagan las necesidades de estos clientes exigentes. Ellos serán responsables de tomar posesión de todos los aspectos del sitio. De forma recurrente, supervisarán y mantendrán la propiedad e informarán los problemas u oportunidades de mejora a los gerentes. Los jardineros tendrán una buena comprensión de las mejores prácticas de todas las operaciones de mantenimiento del paisaje y fuertes habilidades de identificación. Esta es la posición ideal para alguien que busca ingresar a la Gestión del Paisaje. Focal Pointe ofrece un salario competitivo, seguro de salud y un plan de 401k y la capacidad de informar a ambos lados del río. ¡Únete al equipo de más rápido crecimiento en el área!
Our commitment to excellence and a shared set of values are what make Focal Pointe a family.
Responsible service, attention to detail, honesty, humility, politeness, and thoughtfulness are the core values we instill in every team member. A job here provides more than a paycheck, it instills a sense of purpose and belonging. Welcome to a uniquely grounded company. Welcome to Focal Pointe.